The Preschool for All (PFA) program is designed to serve the most at-risk children in our community. Program eligibility is determined based on multiple at risk factors identified through a screening process. Priority for enrollment is given to the most at risk children. According to the Illinois State Board of Education, “At-risk children are those who, because of their home and community environment, are subject to such language, cultural, economic and like disadvantages that they have been determined, as a result of screening procedures, to be at risk of academic failure. A disproportionate share of all children considered to be at-risk come from low income families, including low-income working families, homeless families, families where English is not the primary language spoken in the home, or families where both parents are teenagers or have not completed high school.”
For information on how to set-up a developmental screening please see the steps below:
- Call the Early Learning Center (ELC) 847-230-1742.
- Complete Paperwork: Fill out all the forms you receive in the mail and follow the drop-off instructions outlined on the cover letter.
- Get a Screening Appointment: Once all the required paperwork is completed we will give you an appointment for a developmental screening.
- Bring your child to the Screening: Screenings take place at the Rafferty Administration Center (524 E. Schaumburg Rd. Schaumburg, IL 60194). On the day of the screening, your child will participate in a vision and hearing screening, a play-based developmental screening, and an English proficiency screening (for children who speak another language at home other than English). The screening lasts 50 minutes to 1 hour and parents stay with their children the whole time. Results of the screening are shared with parents.
- Get Screening Results: You will receive a letter via US mail indicating if your child is eligible for the Preschool for All At-Risk Program.
For more information about this program call 847-230-1762 or email [email protected].